Kareena Kapoor bride in the vintage sharara set at her wedding
- When it comes to Indian modern ethnic dressing, no one in Bollywood can do it quite like Kareena Kapoor bride.
- We know the quintessential diva for being the queen of Indian fashion statements.
- Nothing proves this better than the royal and vintage ensemble she wore for her wedding with actor Saif Ali Khan in October 2012.
- We take a look at Bebo’s regal look, as she became a wife of the Nawab of Pataudi in an intimate ritual attended by close friends and family.
- It has been an age-old custom wedding to wear ensembles worn by their elders, passed on to each generation.
- Following this glorious custom, Kareena, for her wedding day, wore an heirloom sharara.
- It is adorned with its vintage charm and sentimental value, on her wedding day.
- Kareena wore her mother-in-law, Sharmila Tagore’s wedding dress for the D-Day.
The Kareena Kapoor unique style
- Kareena Kapoor Khan turned into a conventional bride as she donned a sharara set consisting of a tissue rust-orange kurta and sharara with a contrasting, mint green border.
- She draped the vintage Bhopali dress with a matching dupatta embroidered greatly in gold.
- The antique couture masterwork was passed down generations in the Pataudi family and was then worn by Kareena on her nikah.
- The brocade wonder highlighted the intricate zardozi work that went into the age-old-piece.
- Keeping the aesthetics initially present in the three-piece dress.
- Kareena opted to revive it to fit the aesthetics of e aesthetics of current times.
- Saif wore a brocade jacket with jewel-encrusted buttons, white kurta, and churidar pants.
He fulfilled his wedding day look with a golden turban and black shoes.
How did Kareena Kapoor accessorize her wedding ensemble?
- Kareena adds some contemporary touches to her ensemble by styling her regal wedlock dress with a statement choker, earrings, a tikka, and a pendant.
- However, she opted to keep her make-up by going for a fresh, light pink lipstick, kohl-adorned eyes, and hair tied back in a smooth style to support her heavy dupatta.
- Thus, turning her fashion design piece into the hero of her look.
Kareena Kapoor refurbishes her Mother-in-law Sharara
- On her big day, Kareena, instead of opting for a contemporary lehenga, favoured a heritage piece worn by Sharmila Tagore for her wedding.
- The traditional bridal dress was restored and further embellished by ace-designer Ritu Kumar for the ceremony.
- The dress initially belonged to Sajida Sultan, who was Sharmila Tagore’s mother-in-law.
- She was the wife of Iftikhar Ali Khan, Nawab of Pataudi.
- He is the 12th Nawab Begum of Bhopal in her own right.
- According to Ritu, her three-piece ensemble consisted of gold tissue with intricate work.
- And zardozi details on the border and neckline.
- As for Kareena’s marriage dress, it took six months to conceive and recreate, the designer added.
- With many celebrities tying the knot, some wedding ensembles have stood out for us.
- But in that sea of modern looks, Kareena’s heritage sharara set receives a special mention.
- Not just because it stands apart, but also because it manages to stay unique in its way by keeping the traditional aspects of it alive.
Also Read: Dirty Makeup Brushes – Description, Problems, Solutions, and More
- READ MORE:- healthkaregua