Does Coconut work for dark lips?
- Coconut oil for dark lips is helpful as the skin colour on the lips differs from one another, and no shade is healthier or better than others.
- However, sometimes the colour of your lip can indicate that they need more attention.
- And also, some people develop discolouration on the lips.
- The discolouration or pigmentation can be the result of medical factors as well as certain lifestyle factors.
What are the causes of dark lips?
Dark lips can be the result of the following factors:
- Increased exposure to the sun can boost the production of melanin in your skin, causing pigmentation.
- Excessive smoking can reason a type of pigmentation called a smoker’s melanosis.
- An allergic response to actual products like toothpaste, lipstick, etc., can also cause your lips’ hyperpigmentation.
- Medical therapies for situations such as Laugier-Hunziker syndrome, Peutz-Jeghers syndrome, and post-traumatic pigmentation can affect your lips and make them dark.
How to lighten dark lips naturally?
Coconut oil – A better solution
- Coconut oil is particularly suitable for lip care.
- It comprises more than 85% saturated fatty acids; this vegetable oil has a healthy skin affinity.
- Indeed, it will thus be able to penetrate the epidermis heart to nourish it in depth.
- Also, coconut oil has emollient properties, i.e., it has a softening effect on the skin.
- Finally, it contains vitamin A and vitamin E.
- The latter protects the skin cells, hydrate them, and participate in their reproduction.
- However, we should note that to benefit from coconut oil’s virtues, you must choose a coconut oil whose essential active ingredients should not damage during the cosmetic product manufacture.
- Coconut oil has emollient and moisturizing properties.
- These properties can help keep lips soft and supple and prevent them from becoming dry and darker, usually with dehydration of the skin.
What you can do:
- Take some virgin coconut oil on your index finger and apply it to your lips.
- Let it dry. You can do it once and even twice a day.
How to take care of your lips?
- Two simple gestures and two natural cosmetic products don’t take much to show off soft and nourished lips.
- The most comfortable beauty routine.
1. The scrub with a coconut oil-based recipe
- The dead cells naturally accumulate on the lips’ surface and become those famous little skins, unsightly.
- To avoid their appearance, we advise you to exfoliate your lips once a week with a scrub based on coconut oil.
- We choose the Sugar Scrub from Skinny for its high-quality coconut oil and its delicious Tahitian vanilla and coconut scent.
- Each week, when you scrub your face with the Sugar Scrub, all you have to do is extend the gesture on your lips.
- Rinse thoroughly, dry. Your lips are soft, smooth, and silky.
2. Applying a coconut oil lip balm
- Then apply the coconut oil lip balm to your mouth.
- Skinny lip balm is incredibly nourishing as it contains virgin and raw coconut oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax.
- Also, the absence of chemicals and solvents makes it a safe product.
- Finally, the essential oil of peppermint protects your lips from bacteria, brings a breath of freshness, and activates blood circulation giving your lips a beautiful rosy colour.
- Exfoliate your lips gently and regularly.
- Drink plenty of fluids and drinks daily to stay hydrated.
- Don’t use low-quality lip cosmetics.
- Avoid using products to which you are allergic.
- Avoid constantly sucking your lips as it makes them very dry.
- These tips, along with the remedies, can help brighten your lips.
Also Read: How to remove suntan – Method and Home Remedies to remove suntan
- MORE INFO:- itechhit