How to make your nails white and shiny?
To make nails white and shiny, you need to clean, disinfect your nails with tools and take a proper nutritional diet.
1. We hydrate
- To have a naturally shiny nail, it must be adequately hydrated.
- “A nail that receives enough fat will have a smoother surface and a more satin finish,” explains Alexandra Falbo.
- Every evening before bedtime, we apply a hand and nail cream or a unique nail and cuticle oil like those from OPI’s Pro Spa range.
- The opinion of the pro: I prefer creams because they contain emollient agents that soften the skin and promote the penetration of active ingredients.
2. We polish
- Our ally to shine? The polisher. It is rendering almost equals that of a topcoat.
- We choose a very soft one with an ultra-smooth plasticized surface, which allows working the first layer of keratin of the nail.
- The good thing to do is once a week and twice a month: swipe quickly from left to right without pressing too much.
- The effect is immediate, and the shine can last for five to six days if you choose the right polisher.
- The pro’s opinion: “We avoid those which have four faces and are often too abrasive.”
Shiny Nails with Varnish: A Successful Manicure
1. The base
- For a successful nail polish application with an ultra glossy finish, you should know that the smoother and more stable the nail surface, the more light reflects on it.
- The opinion of the pro: “If you have a ridged or matte nail, you choose a filling base for uneven nails.
- Its texture will be thicker than a classic base because it often contains a derivative of silk protein.
- The nail surface is already more conducive to shine.
2. The varnish
- Remember that a useful varnish application is carried out in four layers: a base that protects, two of varnish which makeup, and one of topcoat, which makes the hold shine.
- The opinion of the pro: “The more the layers are numerous, the more the shine is crucial, so we do not skip the second layer of varnish. “
- Also, to have a beautiful shiny nail, we choose a lacquered varnish because pearlescent and metallic are less polished, paradoxically.
3. The topcoat
- Last step, and not the least: the topcoat! It adds up to 50% shine to the manicure.
- We choose one with a thicker formula reflecting light like all ranges dedicated to shine or gel effect.
- The pro’s opinion: “To freshen up and prolong the duration of the varnish, we put a new layer of topcoat three days later.
Things to avoid to have beautiful nails
Preserving the quality of nails relies on several elements. Here are a few things to obtain into account to have shiny, strong, and perfectly healthy nails:
- Limit the use of varnish to let the nails breathe even if it protects the nails from external aggressions.
- Use a nail polish remover without acetone so as not to dry out the nails.
- Add a garlic-based juice to the varnish.
- Limit manicure to avoid disease. Specific actions can promote the penetration of microbes and the development of fungal infections.