What do you mean by Oily Eyelids?
- Oily Eyelids are the eyelids with a greater tendency to fat production are due to an increase in the proportion of sebaceous glands in the skin of that area.
- Usually, this occurs in people with oily or combination skin who already have shine and excess oil problems on the rest of the face.
- Girls who have oily lids know how difficult it can be to choose eye makeup that lasts all day.
- However, some products and techniques can help you combat this problem and improve your beauty routine.
What is the best way to mitigate this problem?
- It is undoubtedly using astringent products as an eye contour but not in excess since we obliterate fat from the eyelid.
- It could suffer irritations.
- And also, the application of powder makeup can help prevent it from running through excess fat.
- We compile the best products with this information to end the extra fat on the eyelids and make them look beautiful.
- Choose products with a matte effect that keeps the eyelids and skin surface oil-free.
- Even before applying makeup, try to use special face creams for oily eyelids with a mattifying effect.
What are the Tips to Control Oily Eyelids?
Tips to control oily eyelids and make your makeup last longer
1. Use the right products
- It might seem obvious, but using long-lasting products is essential for oily skin or eyelids.
- Another tip is to choose products with a matte effect that keeps the skin’s surface oil-free.
- Even before applying makeup, try to use special face creams for oily skin or a mattifying effect.
2. Primer for oily eyelids and skin
- The first step to a makeup that lasts all day is to use a primer for oily skin or with a matte effect.
- You can use it all over your face if your skin is oily, or only in the areas that need it, such as eyelids and T zone.
3. Prepare your eyelid
- Apply a minimal amount of foundation on your face and also on your eyelids.
- Then, with a sponge with translucent powder, seal the base to prevent the makeup from running.
- The powder absorbs the oils and keeps the foundation in place.
- The most awaited moment has arrived to begin to colour our eyelids.
- For this, we will avoid any cream, satin, or glitter shadow since they would further accentuate the problem of oily eyelids.
- Our recommendation is compact powder shadows with a matte finish, as they will create a denser and more consistent texture.
- It would help if you looked for long-lasting or water-resistant formulas since these are also great allies against sweat or excess fat.
- It will be enough for you to choose the effect that you like the most and satisfy your needs and look for a waterproof version.
- To keep the product firm on your lashes intact for endless hours.
- As a final touch and looking to intensify the look a little more, you can apply a long-lasting or water-resistant eyeliner or pencil.
- Then set it with a shadow of the same tone. This way, you will get an infinite and perfectly defined look.
7. Use absorbent paper
- The absorbent paper is the best ally for girls with oily skin.
- You can use it to absorb all the oil from your eyelids before you start doing your makeup to ensure that the oils do not ruin your look.
- Gently press the paper onto your eyelid.
Helpful Resource: Healthsaf