- Scalp residue builds up due to sunlight exposure in summer; the scalp is constantly strained in all seasons and many circumstances.
- And as usual, this phenomenon affects more and more women, apart from known classic pathologies such as seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, or eczema.
- The scalp’s sensitivity manifests itself by itching, redness, tightness, tingling, and the impression of having a permanently tense scalp.
- Sometimes it is even possible to feel a burning sensation because of scalp residue.
Table of Contents
Common imbalances resulting in Scalp Residue
1. Irritated scalp
- Many people complain of tingling, itching, feelings of discomfort, heating, or even redness.
- However, the scalp’s irritation corresponds to a skin imbalance linked to a succession of physiological disturbances such as stress or an excessively stripping shampoo.
- These attacks damage the hydrolipidic film of the scalp and destabilize the skin barrier.
- Moreover, as a result, the water evaporates too easily, and the skin of the skull dries up, allowing irritants to penetrate, which will be responsible for this unpleasant sensation of the itchy scalp.
2. Greasy hair
- The hair is heavy, sorely lacking in volume, and has a shiny appearance, especially at the roots.
- Behind all these signs, there is hyper seborrhea, the causes of which can be various.
- Indeed, the excess sebum accumulates on the roots, which present an oily and dirty appearance.
- You should know that sebum traps dust in the air, which easily sticks to hair.
- It is the opposite complement situation. The dry hair, brittle, fragile, split ends, difficult to disentangle and style due to a dry scalp.
- The cause is a lack of sebum secreted by the scalp.
- Otherwise, this dryness is due to external aggressions such as the sun, the wind, pollution, seawater, chlorinated swimming pool water, and brushings, intensive straightening, bleaching, and perms.
- In all these cases, the skin barrier no longer plays its protective role.
- This is why the loss of water accelerates, and the hair becomes dry and rough.
- Also, hair lacking water is sensitive to static electricity and ultra-hard to style.
Homemade Remedies to eliminate Scalp residue
1. Scalp scrub with brown sugar and sodium bicarbonate
- To prepare it, mix a teaspoon of baking soda and a teaspoon of brown sugar with a teaspoon of shampoo and 3 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- The mixture is applied to the scalp and left for a quarter of an hour before rinsing it off with warm water with a mild shampoo.
- This Brown Sugar Sodium Bicarbonate Scalp Scrub can be used once a month to kill bacteria and treat dandruff.
2. Scalp scrub with olive oil and brown sugar
- To prepare it, it is sufficient to mix a similar amount of brown sugar and olive oil, provided that the scalp is massaged with this mixture and left on the hair for an hour before rinsing your hair with it.
- Lukewarm water and wash them off with a mild shampoo.
- The moisturizing action of olive oil helps protect hair from drying out and gives it instant shine.
3. Brown Sugar Oatmeal Scalp Scrub
- It is essential to mix two spoons of brown sugar, two spoons of oatmeal, and two spoons of balm to prepare it.
- The scalp should is rubbed with this mixture left on the hair for a quarter of an hour before washing it with shampoo.
- This mixture works to replenish the scalp and deeply hydrate it, so it is recommended to use it every two weeks to keep hair clean and vibrant.
4. Scalp scrub with brown sugar and jojoba oil
- It is essential to mix two spoons of brown sugar, two spoons of lemon juice, two spoons of jojoba oil, and a spoon of sea salt to prepare it.
- It is advisable to softly massage the scalp with this mixture and then leave it on the hair for an hour before rinsing it with lukewarm water and washing it with a mild shampoo.
- This scrub treats hair loss, deeply hydrates the hair, and protects it from sun damage.
Prescription to stop Scalp residue
- Indeed, it is necessary to put its hair at rest and sift through all the daily gestures for it to get better.
- Indeed, it allows you to isolate the factor or factors responsible for your damaged and attacked scalp.
- However, if the irritation persists after this observation phase, it is necessary to switch to capillary reset mode.
- Thus, it is necessary to bet on soothing cleansing bases formulated with a minimum of surfactants. This makes it possible to denature the sebum no longer.