What are the tricks to do the perfect winged eyeliner? Simple and Practical methods
Tricks to do winged eyeliner help create a smudge-free winged look that enhances the beauty and sharply defines the eye.
Method 1: How to create winged eyeliner with an angled eyeliner brush?
- We specially design this one has to help you with your winged eyeliner problems. Sincerely, it does not get any easier than that.
- You can also lightly wet the brush for a superb result.
Step by step tutorial
- Dip the angled brush into your eyeliner pot and place it on the outer edge of your eye to create an angle with your temples.
- Place the identical brush on the line you just drew in reverse to create the top curve of your wing.
- Fill in the space between the strokes with your eyeliner brush and extend the liner to its inner corner as you normally would.
BONUS TIP: Sometimes the tricks we do just don’t make the difference we are looking for. Paris Lash Academy has as a wide variety of products that might be of great help to the outcome you are looking for. See which perfectly matches your eyeliners!
Method 2: Hands-Free Guide
- Yes, it does take a little practice and a steady hand, but with a bit of patience and a proper method.
- It is quite achievable to apply a perfect and neat winged eyeliner.
Step by step tutorial
- Take an eye pencil and draw an extended line around the outer edge of your eyes at an angle with your eyebrows.
- Adjust the length according to the desired size of the wing
- Now place the pencil where this stroke ends and draw a slightly curved line inward, then extend the line to the eye’s inner corner.
- If you have a hard time extending the same line all at once, open it at least halfway through the upper lash line, then continue to the inner corner.
- Try to make sure that this line gradually thins out, especially if you have smaller eyes.
- Now fill in the hole until no skin is shedding between the top line and the bottom line forming your wing.
- If you’re okay with a softer finish, leave it as is.
- But if you want the wings to be more striking and bolder, take some liquid eyeliner and carefully trace it along the lines you created with your pencil eyeliner.
- Likewise, if you plan to include this step, you can allow your lines to be a bit rough around the edge when using pencil eyeliner.
- The liquid eyeliner will cover the uneven edges to give a perfectly smooth finish.
- When we apply eyeliner with our hands-free, be sure to rest your elbows on a flat, stable surface.
- It will give you reasonable control over the movements of your hand.
- If this guide doesn’t do the job for you, you’ll probably need some extra help mastering these deadly wings. Do not worry.
- The solution lies in everyday objects such as spoons, scotch tape, or specially designed brushes.
- Check out the following tips and find out how to create a dramatic winged eyeliner with the right objects.
Method 3: How to do winged eyeliner with duct tape?
- In addition to regularly repairing your torn paraphernalia, your scotch tape or good old cellophane is also able to help you draw perfect winged eyeliners.
Step by step tutorial
- Cut a piece of tape about 2cm and glue along the outside edge of your eyes at an angle you would like your wings to be.
- Trace along the angled edge with your eyeliner to outline the wing, using the strip’s outline as a guide.
- Finish by extending the line along your higher lash line.
Tips and precautions to take when applying winged eyeliner
- Be careful with choosing your type of eyeliner. Eyeliners are mainly available in three avatars: liquid, gel, and pencil.
- While the liquid and gel liners give a more daring and striking finish, it can be a bit tricky to work with, especially for beginners.
- Pencils, on the other hand, provide a smoother and more subtle finish.
- They give you excellent control, and therefore I recommend them for beginners.
- Winged eyeliner and cat eyes look super hot on almost everyone, and we can wear them for any occasion or even every day.
- You can play around with the wings’ length and sharpness, depending on the level of drama.
- Please find out the wings’ placement and shape that complement your eye’s condition and adjust it accordingly.
- If you are a trainee, it is usual to mess everything up, even with all the tips. Don’t worry if you make a mistake.
- Dip a cotton scrub in petroleum jelly and gently wipe off the smudge. You can also use lip gloss for a quick fix.