What does Washing hair with hot water mean?
- Washing hair with hot water changes our hair’s structure, impacting its appearance, depending on hair and scalp nature.
- The sebaceous glands are overstimulated and therefore quickly produce a lot of sebum to protect the scalp attacked.
- You will have to wash your hair with lukewarm water rather than hot or hot to find hair that grows less quickly. The last precision seems obvious but is worth clarifying.
- If you opt for rinsing with cold water, do not expedite the rinsing on the pretext that the temperature is too unpleasant because poorly rinsed hair will necessarily give dull hair that multiplies.
- If you can not wash your hair in cold water, prefer lukewarm water and rinse sufficiently, that’s better.
- And also, nothing prevents you from finishing with a small jet of cold water at the end of rinsing to enjoy its benefits on your hair.
What happens when we wash our hair with hot water?
- The shampoo is a ritual specific to each. Some are content with a minimal routine, while others do a daily wash.
- Experts are unanimous on the importance of reducing the frequency of washing to regain a balanced scalp.
- They also agree on another point: the water temperature impacts the beauty and health of our hair.
- A jet of too hot water is not without consequence, explains “Allure Shari Marchbein, a dermatologist in New York.
- Rinsing removes the hydrolipidic film present on the skin. The latter, which acts as a protective barrier, takes a few moments to reform.
- The same goes for our scalp. “Hot water can remove necessary oils from the scalp, leading to inflammation and reduced hair growth.”
And also, to make us understand what that implies, the doctor uses a metaphor:
- “Think of an inflamed scalp, like trying to grow small plants in lava – almost impossible to have healthy hair.”
- The conclusion is clear; hot water can be scouring. This high temperature does not mix with the care applied either.
The dermatologist is adamant:
- It can prevent the complete removal of shampoo and conditioner. Result? The hair changes appearance may appear fatter, less shiny.
- Their quality and texture change. Rinse with lukewarm water. The bravest can also pass a jet of cold water to tighten the scales.
Should you wash your hair in hot or cold water? Why?
- Do you usually wash your hair in hot or cold water? Anyway, you should know that water temperature plays a crucial role in their appearance and beauty.
- Here are the advantages and disadvantages of washing your hair in hot or cold water, considering hair type as well as your scalp.
Advantages and disadvantages of washing with hot water
- Removes dirt and excess sebum in depth
- The hot water and steam naturally open the scalp’s pores, promoting exfoliation and total cleansing of the skin.
- Residues from styling products and shampoo molecules, among others, are dissolved.
- Washing with warm water can, therefore, be beneficial for people who have an oily scalp.
- Be careful; hot does not mean boiling!
2. The lessers
- It may worsen skin porosity.
- The water’s heat unclogs the pores and the scales of the cuticle present on the surface of the hair shaft.
- Therefore, if you wash hair too often in hot water, it can increase its porosity, making it dehydrated and brittle.
3. Cause frizz
- Too frequent washing results in removing the hair’s natural lipids, especially those that help keep its internal hydration.
- Result: we have frizz. If your hair is frizzy, you should avoid washing it in hot water.
Advantages and disadvantages of washing in cold water
- It closes the scales of the cuticle.
- The cold water helps tighten the scalp’s pores and keeps dirt from getting in and piling up while keeping it fresh.
- It also has the virtue of sealing its cuticle’s scales to give it that smooth and shiny aspect so much sought after.
- The hair finds, even more, a protective sheath that prevents its internal water from evaporating.
- Coldwater does not remove natural sebum from the hair, so you don’t end up with frizzy hair.
- Washing your hair in cold water allows better preservation of a conditioner’s moisturizing agents or a mask.
2. Increase hair shine
- The cold brings a shiny finish to the hair.
- Moreover, this is the reason why hairdressers sometimes end their brushing with cold air.
- So, when you wash your hair in cold water, it increases its shine.
3. Reduces hair swelling and relaxes curls
- Depending on the nature of hair and your taste, this can be a good as well as a minus.
- Fair hair, for example, should avoid washing in cold water because of the reduction in volume.
- Because cold water smoothes the hair scales, it decreases the swelling of the hair.
- If you have curly hair, it also affects the elasticity of the curl.
- In all cases, you must avoid using water that is too hot or too cold to wash your hair, as this risks destabilizing the scalp ecosystem and causing dandruff.
Good reasons to rinse your hair with cold water
1. WASHING HAIR IN COLD WATER MAKES YOUR HAIR CLEANER
- Coldwater virtually and even more effectively eliminates shampoo and hair mask or conditioner residues.
- The hair is thus cleaner, lighter, and shinier.
2. BRIGHTER HAIR
- Another advantage of cold water is that it automatically tightens the hair’s scales, making it less dull, silkier, and shinier.
3. A HEALTHIER SCALP
- Coldwater also activates the blood microcirculation in the scalp and tightens its pores, protecting it from impurities.
4. HAIR THAT GROWS FASTER
- Who says healthy scalp also says hair that grows faster!
- If you were looking for a natural trick to promote hair growth, all you need to do is rinse hair with cold water.
- At the same time, you will limit hair loss due to seasonal changes.
5. HAIR THAT GREASES LESS QUICKLY
- If you usually wash your hair in hot or even hot water and then your hair is oily, the water that is too hot attacks the scalp and weakens the hair fibre.
Conclusion: cold or hot?
- In reality, everything will depend on nature and the needs of your hair.
- Coldwater is good for hair with little lubrication at the root and whose scalp is not very dirty; hot water in case of oily roots or when excessive use of hair products.
- The ultimate solution would be to mix the two:
- Shampoo with hot water to better clean the scalp and rinse the conditioner and the mask with cold water.
- A small clarification: hot or cold water does not mean hot or frozen at the risk of attacking your scalp!
- MORE INFO:- technnolog