Makeup Products and Kits: You may know some of the key tools you need to achieve a makeup look, but there are some products and kits that you should have in your house as well. These items will help you get started with your makeup application and make it easier for you to create different looks.
According to Fortune Business Insights, the US market of personal and beauty care products is expected to reach US $50.8 billion in 2028 from US $35.22 billion in 2021. With more and more people moving towards buying personal care products for home, it is essential to know which products you must have to complete our makeup kit.
Here are some essential items for a woman’s beauty kit:
1. Makeup Remover Wipes
Makeup remover wipes are a must-have in your household. You can use them to remove makeup, including waterproof mascara. They’re convenient, easy to use, and gentle on your skin. However, unlike other makeup removers that come with moisturizers, these don’t contain any moisturizers, so you’ll need to moisturize your face after using them.
Suppose you have sensitive skin and often get breakouts from traditional wipes with alcohol or soap as their main ingredients, like Cetaphil. In that case, this is a good alternative for you because it’s like an all-in-one product. Not only does it remove makeup, but it will also leave behind some moisture on your face.
2. Professional Eyelash Kits
According to Mary Irwin, a celebrity makeup artist, “Eyelashes are an easy and quick way to add glamor and drama to your eyes. They give you a versatile look and even look astonishing on camera.” She further adds that the methods of applying false eyelashes have also changed drastically.
Professional eyelash kits are a great way to get your eyelashes looking longer and thicker. These kits usually include lash trays, adhesives, tweezers, jade stone, sealer, and primer. Premium kits can also feature misters and micro swabs for easy application. You can use them as often as you like. They will last up to two weeks with proper care.
The best part? Removal is simple. Just remove it with makeup remover or baby oil. The kit includes everything you need, so there’s no need to run out of additional products. They’re also easy to store in their case, so they stay clean until next time.
3. Makeup Brush Cleanser
A makeup brush cleanser is an often overlooked but very important tool in your beauty arsenal. It’s the key to keeping your brushes clean and free of bacteria, so you don’t get sick.
Here’s how you use it:
- When you’re finished using your makeup brushes, wash them with warm water or gentle soap, then squeeze out any excess liquid, so they dry quickly.
- Apply some cleaner onto the bristles of your brush and go over them several times. The cleaner will dissolve all that pesky gunk stuck on there.
- Rinse off all residual under running water until no more color comes off on a white towel or paper towel beneath it.
- Let it air dry overnight before storing it away in its case again, so nothing gets damaged while being stored together.
Toner is a mixture of water and alcohol, which help clean the skin. In addition, toning helps to remove excess oil from your face. You can use toner as a makeup remover or a facial mist to freshen up your appearance during hot summer days.
5. Concealer Palette
In an article published in Forbes, Sarah Uslan, a famous celebrity makeup artist and founder of the skincare product brand Lula says that it is mandatory for every woman above 30 years of age to apply a concealer. She feels that the under-eye section can reveal your story, like:
- Have you taken proper sleep?
- Are you drinking enough water?
- If you have traveled recently?
- If you are under stress?
The concealer palette is a must-have product and kit for women, especially those who have trouble finding their perfect concealer shade. The concealer palette is a great way to ensure you have all the colors you need, from light to dark and everything in between. It also helps you organize all your makeup. Plus, if you’re planning on achieving the perfect look, using this product can also help achieve that goal.
According to a report published in Statista, around 106.88 million women used concealer or foundation products in the US in 2020 out of 167.29 million women in total. Hence, it states that it is a must-have product in almost every women’s beauty kit.
6. Makeup Setting Spray
Setting spray is a product that helps you get the most out of your makeup by sealing it in. It will keep your face from getting oily and make the color of your skin last longer. The best setting spray for you depends on how much coverage you want, but generally speaking, people with dry skin tend to do better with a lighter formula. They can find oil-free ones that won’t clog their pores.
If you have oily skin, it is recommended to use an oil-based setting spray because this type of product tends to work better when applied over an oily base. You might also want a clay-based product instead of one made with alcohol or water. These types tend to have more staying power and feel less heavy and sticky than traditional sprays.
7. Eye Brush Set
Your eye makeup kit doesn’t have to be expensive, but it does need to be complete. A basic set of eyeshadow brushes includes a blending brush, smudge or angled brush, flat shader brush, and crease brush. You can also add a detailer brush for precision work on your brow bone or under your lower lash line.
- Blending Brush: This is used to blend out harsh lines in your eye shadow application by sweeping over the entire area of the lid to soften edges and create a seamless finish.
- Smudge Brush: The smudged line adds depth and definition around the perimeter of your eyes. It can also be used as an eyeliner if you wet it before applying shadow color on top of it.
- Angled Shader: Perfect for applying deeper shades near lash roots and blending out color along upper lashlines, this brush has a slightly tapered tip that makes it easy to achieve precise results without making mistakes.
- Flat Shader: This is probably one of the most versatile tools in any makeup kit because it packs on pigment like nobody’s business and its dense bristles allow them to easily chisel out those precise lines.
- Crease Brush: This brush is used to apply color to the crease of your eye. It helps you achieve a dramatic look easily by blending and softening harsh lines while adding depth.
- Detailer Brush: This brush can apply shadow along your lower lash line or under your brow bone. Moreover, it’s also great for highlighting because it allows you to easily get into the smallest areas of your face.
There is nothing like getting a fresh start with your appearance. You can take all the time to get ready in your morning routine, but there will always be something that needs fixing or adjusting. That’s why it’s so important to have makeup and beauty products at home, so you can look your best at any moment.
Addressing skin issues like acne, dryness, and wrinkles can be difficult if you don’t have the right tools or products. The items mentioned in the article above are perfect for use with any type of skincare routine, and they’ll help keep things simple while still effective when used together as a system.