- Home Remedies for Nails help maintain a balanced diet, sufficient vitamins, keep infections away and other good lifestyle habits.
- In addition to applying some remedies can contribute to the strengthening and daily care of the nails.
- Most of the nails’ structure is composed of a protein known as keratin, and for its healthy growth, it requires vitamins A, B, C, and E, in addition to amino acids and minerals.
Best Home Remedies for Nails
The best home remedies for nails are:
1. Coconut Oil
- The saturated fat present in coconut oil moisturizes the nails and keeps infections away.
- We can apply it lukewarm on the nail and massage for five minutes to hydrate and improve circulation in the area.
- I recommend you do it two or four times a day.
- We have another option to add a few drops of lemon juice to ¼ cup of warm coconut oil.
- Before sleeping, we will soak the nails for 10 minutes and cover them with gloves overnight so that the mixture can take effect.
2. Vitamin E oil
- The vitamin E capsules containing oil that is applied directly to the nails will give results quickly.
- We must massage the nail with this oil every day for five minutes to hydrate and strengthen for two weeks.
- In this way, we will improve circulation in the area.
3. Castor oil
- Its high content of vitamin E promotes the strengthening and shine of the nail.
- Just apply a drop to each nail and massage gently. Only with that will you see a difference.
4. Foods for stronger nails
- It is essential to eat foods with vitamins A and B, which promote the generation of keratin.
- Carrots, tomatoes, strawberries, bell peppers, and squash will help strengthen your nails.
- So will meat, fish, poultry, wheat germ, legumes, nuts, potatoes, spinach, and eggplants.
5. Apple cider vinegar
- The cider vinegar apple gives us iron, calcium, vitamins, potassium, and magnesium.
- It has acetic acid and malic acid, which help prevent infection.
- Soaking your nails in a blend of equal parts apple cider vinegar and water will quickly strengthen them.
- The procedure can be done once or twice a day for five minutes.
- When removing the nails, we will softly push the cuticle back and dry well.
- Beta-carotene and vitamins B and C in cucumber are ideal allies for strengthening nails.
- It will be enough to liquefy half of the cucumber in a cup of water (250 ml) and soak the nails for a few minutes in the mixture.
- The substance we release by onion is fungicidal and bacterial.
- To find its benefits and protect the nail from infections and breaks, we can place the fingers for five minutes inside the vegetables’ cuts previously made.
8. Olive oil for weak nails
- The use of natural masks with vegetable oils has proven to be an excellent therapy to counteract nail problems and reduce their dryness.
- In this sense, one of the most recurrent ingredients is olive oil because it has proven to be very beneficial for the skin and nails’ health.
- It contains all essential fatty acids and vitamins that remarkably nourish them.
- ½ cup of olive oil (100 g)
- Dip your nails in a half cup of olive oil and let them soak for 20 minutes.
- Wash your hands with plenty of water and dry well.
9. Almond oil and Egg
- The mixture of almond oil and egg is a simple natural remedy to repair and strengthen nails, given its antioxidants, vitamins, and a significant protein amount.
- One tablespoon of raw egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon of almond oil (2.5 g)
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and soak your nails in the product for 30 minutes.
10. Garlic gaze
- Garlic is very rich in minerals such as calcium, sulfur, zinc, copper, potassium, phosphoric acid, and vitamins A, B, and C.
- It is one of the most well-liked ingredients for nail care and strengthening.
- It has sulfur compounds, as well as antiseptic and antioxidant qualities.
- For this cause, it is considered one of the most excellent allies to strengthen them and put off the form of infections or fungi.
- Two or three cloves of garlic
- A clear enamel
- Firstly, crush the two garlic cloves very fine until you get a paste.
- Dip the fix into the transparent nail polish.
- Apply one or two coats of the treatment every day for a week.
- Another way to use garlic as a fortifier is to prepare it as an oil.
- For this, several garlic cloves (whole, unpeeled) are placed in a jar with olive oil and left to marinate for several days.
11. Peppermint and Chamomile treatment
- The properties of peppermint and chamomile progress weak nails’ appearance and alleviate common problems such as dryness.
- Five fresh mint leaves.
- Two tablespoons of chamomile (20 ml)
- 1 cup of boiling water (250 ml)
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil (2 g)
- Two or three tablespoons of wheat flour (20 g)
- Firstly, prepare a mixture of chamomile and mint leaves and add them to a cup of boiling water.
- Secondly, let the tea steep for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, add the olive oil and wheat flour to make a paste.
- Use the final preparation to cover the nails’ surface and leave it to act for half an hour.
Also Read: Is Watermelon Good for acne? – Benefits, Methods, and Watermelon Mask
- KNOW MORE:- healthylifees