Homemade skin toner natural glow by choosing to make our genuine facial toners, we avoid the risks of suffering any allergies caused by the components of synthetic and artificial tonics that can alter our pH.
Factors that negatively affect the appearance and health of the skin. For this cause, it is essential to take care of it daily.
These tonics can help you fight ageing, flaccidity, and skin problems and are free of chemicals.
Why should we use homemade facial toners?
- Over the years, we must become aware of our skin’s necessary and specific care to prevent it from appearing
devitalized, flaccid, and wrinkles and imperfections.
- Although many people hydrate their skin every day, many others forget a previous fundamental step: the facial toner.
- We must use the homemade facial tonic twice a day.
- In the morning, we get up after washing our face with cold water and before hydrating it.
- At night: before going to bed.
- It is essential to choose a natural toner, like the following homemade facial toners that we explain below, free of alcohol and other aggressive ingredients for the skin.
Seven Homemade skin toners for a natural glow
- If we want to expose ourselves to the sun to achieve tanned and healthy skin, we can resort to this homemade carrot facial tonic.
- It will allow us to protect the skin from the sun’s rays and, at the same time, provide us with beta-carotene.
- These, according to this information extracted from the National Library of Medicine of the United States, contain pigments that take care of our skin and protect us from macular degeneration.
- We can obtain the tonic at herbalists and health food stores.
- Apart from applying the carrot tonic, drinking a juice of this vegetable every morning will benefit the body.
- This 100% natural homemade facial toner can also be drunk to take advantage of the benefits it brings to the skin.
- To prepare it, you have to make a smoothie with a medium cucumber and half a lemon.
- The cucumber is a vegetable very rich in water and, besides being very refreshing and clean our body, clean and relieves the skin of the face.
- For this reason, the homemade cucumber facial toner is beneficial when we apply it when we wake up with a swollen face or eyelids.
- As for other citrus fruits, it is a fruit with cleansing properties, making it ideal for skin with acne, blackheads, or spots.
3. Apple cider vinegar
- To prepare this simple homemade facial toner, we only need to get an organic and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar to preserve all its minerals and vitamins.
- Vinegar is an acidic food and the skin on our face, with an acidic pH (between 4.2 and 5.6 approximately).
- We should keep at that acidity if we want to avoid drying out.
- Therefore, it will be an ideal tonic to take care of it.
- However, the Department of Nutrition at Arizona State University suggests maintaining scepticism since there is not enough scientific evidence.
- To make it, you must mix one part apple cider vinegar to four parts water.
4. Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera, better known as Aloe Vera, restores the skin’s natural pH, hydrates, and intensifies its pores.
- It also soothes sunburned skin, the wind that burns the skin, leaves it dry and peels skin combined with acne.
- The most delicate part is that we can use it on sensitive and combination skin.
- When doing this at home, you carefully extract the clear gel from an aloe vera leaf, cut it into small cubes, and mix until you get a gelatinous liquid substance.
- Finally, combine this with water and a few drops of lavender essential oil.
5. Lemon water
- It is very inexpensive and easy to make a toner, as it works wonders for oily skin.
- It is a natural astringent that helps tighten large pores, kill acne-causing bacteria, and remove excess oil from your skin.
- Use the 1: 2 ratio of freshly squeezed lemon juice in plain water for a safe and sober lemon water tonic.
- Store in an empty or sparkling clear spray bottle. Refresh your face with a great lemon water spritz toner.
6. Water of roses
- Rosewater is an early beauty secret used by ancient Persians, Egyptians, and Indians as a skin tonic to cool down inflammations and refresh tired skin.
- The ancient Egyptian women used rose water to tone their skin, control wrinkles, and intensify skin pores.
- The Persians use rose water for a sweet aroma when cooking and use it as a daily facial toner.
- Store pure rose water in a clean spritz and spray it over your face before applying makeup for a warm glow.
- Remember that buying rosewater without organic pesticides prevents any skin irritation.
7. Green Tea
- When packed with wrinkle-killing nutrients and powerful antioxidants, green tea is excellent for maintaining healthy skin.
- It locks the moisture in the skin cells and removes any excess oil.
- Green tea is also the only anti-ageing tonic packed with polyphenols, which wipe out free radicals that cause more wrinkles and fine lines.
- To compose a green tea toner at home, put 1 to 2 bags of green tea in hot water and cool before storing it in an empty plain spray bottle.
- Attach a cute label on the spray bottle that says Green Tea Tonic and spray it on your face every morning.