There are many lavender water benefits as it has the particularity of being applied to all types of skin, even the most sensitive.
- With anti-stress virtues, we can even consume it as a drink to soothe excessive nervousness and calm tension.
- On the skin, lavender hydrosol can be applied morning and evening to cleanse and perfect make-up removal.
- It is helpful to regulate excess sebum on combination skin while preserving dry areas.
- It constitutes in aromatherapy and herbal medicine and is also very popular in cosmetology.
Benefits of Lavender Water
- Good for sore throat.
- Lavender water is a good source of antioxidants.
- It lowers blood pressure, thereby reducing blood pressure.
- It relaxes the digestive system and prevents indigestion.
- Lavender water strengthens the immune system.
- It is often sufficient to apply two drops of lavender water to chapped lips.
- Apply cold drops of lavender water to cold sores.
- Heals wounds: The crushed lavender leaves on the damage allow rapid healing thanks to its antiseptic quality and prevent infections.
- Lavender water Has Antiseptic Properties: Cover crushed lavender leaves on your wounds for quick healing of your injuries.
- Regulates Urine Flow: Lavender water is good for urinary ailments due to its stimulating effect on urine production.
The Virtues of Lavender Water
1. Antibacterial virtue
- Lavender water helps balance lipid production and removes excess sebum.
- It thus cleanses the skin in-depth and prevents the formation of pimples.
- It can remove the dead cells that clog the pores and remove all the toxins fixed on the skin’s surface.
- And also, it has an acidic pH that conforms perfectly with the skin, which allows it to act gently without ever irritating it.
- That is why it is suitable for all types of skin, dry, oily, and combination.
- Also, it naturally immunizes cells and helps fight against inflammation and bacteria.
2. Cleansing virtue
- Lavender floral water is an excellent purifying and soothing agent.
- Applied to the face, it helps cleanse the skin in-depth and eliminate the fatty substances that clog its pores.
- It cleans toxins and dust that binds to the epidermis and allows you to find a clearer and softer complexion.
- The skin will also become fresher and lightly scented immediately.
- We can also use it in case of insect bites or sunburn.
- You can apply lavender floral water directly to your skin or mix it with homemade cream, gel, or mask.
3. Relaxing virtue
- Lavender floral water is very useful in cosmetics, but not only. Indeed, I also appreciate its relaxing effects on the mind.
- In cases of insomnia or significant stress-causing sleep problems, the scent of lavender water can help remarkably.
- Just spray it on your pillow.
- By acting directly on blood pressure, lavender water has properties that reduce stress.
- Moreover, it acts on the mind by bringing an absolute peace of mind with its sweet and comforting scent. It, therefore, facilitates and improves sleep.
4. To beautify the hair
- Besides its properties listed above, lavender floral water is also beneficial for hair care.
- It acts on the scalp by nourishing and soothing it.
- If you have oily hair, it will work directly on the roots to degrease them easily and quickly.
- And also, it helps calm the itchy scalp and provides unparalleled shine.
- You can apply it directly to your hair or mix it with your shampoo.
- Also, lavender floral water is an ally against lice. For this, you can apply it on the pillow or mix it with water to rinse the hair after shampooing.
Lavender Water: Practical Advice
- Dilute 40 ml of adequate Lavender floral water in 70 ml of Aloe-vera gel. Then add 20 to 25 drops of grapefruit seed extract to the preparation.
- Mix the equivalent of a splash of this mixture with a splash of Jojoba vegetable oil.
- Apply the mixture to your insect bites.
- Dilute three tablespoons of adequate Lavender floral water in 1/2 L of water.
- Drink the mixture throughout the day.
- Mix 35 ml of adequate Lavender floral water, 5 ml of Jojoba vegetable oil, 60 ml of Aloe-vera gel, and 20 to 25 drops of grapefruit seed extract.
- Apply the mixture to your skin before rinsing off with cold water and applying your moisturizer.
- Lavender sufficient floral water is a source of harmony. If you have a hectic life and exhausts you, this aromatic water with a Provencal scent is ideal.
- Thanks to its subtle energetic vibrations, it will curb your excess energy or desire.
- Dilute two tablespoons of adequate Lavender floral water in 1/2 L of water.
- Drink the mixture throughout the day, or just in the morning and evening, for at least 40 days.
- You can also spray some sufficient Lavender floral water on your forehead several times a day.
Precautions for use
- Lavender water has no particular contraindications.
- Before any skin application, avoid allergy risk, do a test in the crease of your elbow.
- If no abnormal reaction has occurred within 24 hours of the test, you can apply the floral water to your body’s larger area.
- Before any consumption of floral water, be aware of its contraindications and respect the recommended dosages. If in doubt, consult a doctor.
Helpful Resource: Beautysmasher