Pumpkin: beneficial for the skincare
- Pumpkin skincare is beneficial as it is rich in vitamins A and C and Zinc, and it nourishes and protects the skin with its antioxidants enriched with beta-carotene.
- Sensitive and dry skin will be charmed by its softening and moisturizing effects!
- The fibre and minerals result in purifying the skin when we eat it; when applied to your face or body.
The benefits of pumpkin for the skin
- It is part of the Cucurbitaceae family and is rich in vitamin A, fibre, and minerals.
- It thus helps to purify the skin ( goodbye to small pimples ) and hydrate the driest skin and stimulate the scalp.
- In addition to that, the pumpkin contains vitamin C, an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals.
- It is responsible for skin ageing and, therefore, fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Pumpkin pulp, on the other hand, is high in potassium, helping to prevent hair loss.
- Finally, its beta-carotenoids content ( which we also find in carrots ) restores radiance to the complexion and a healthy glow.
Pumpkin Skincare Masks
Now that we’ve managed to motivate you to reuse your pumpkin let’s get started. And believe us, you will thank us after testing it!
1. Radiant complexion face mask
- Two teaspoons of pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp of honey
- ¼ tsp yoghurt
- One tbsp oatmeal
- Mix the flesh of the pumpkin to make a puree, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread the blend on the face avoiding the eyes, and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- This ultra-quick treatment nourishes the skin while giving it a boost.
2. Face/body scrub anti dead skin
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- One tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- One tbsp of liquid honey
- One pinch of cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients. Apply to the face or body and massage using small circular movements.
- Use it in the shower, rinse off with cold water preferably, and goodbye to dead skin!
3. Gentle hair moisturizer
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree or the oil made from the seeds by mixing them
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Firstly, mix all the ingredients until the texture is smooth.
- Secondly, wrap your hair in a warm towel or shower cap for half an hour before rinsing and shampooing.
- Now, your hair is shiny and silky!
4. Moisturizing body cream
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 1 C. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- After blending all the ingredients in a bowl, apply to the body, massaging gently.
- Wait 10 minutes before taking a shower to exfoliate.
- The skin is very soft!
5. Anti-ageing mask
- 3 tbsp cooked pumpkin
- 2 tbsp. milk
- Pinch of ginger
- Firstly, mix all the ingredients in a blender until a smooth consistency.
- Secondly, apply on the face for 10 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse off with lukewarm water to reveal invigorated skin!
Top Six Pumpkin skincare Products
- Peter Thomas Roth, enzymatic skin resurfacer
- Too Cool For School, Pumpkin 24K Gold Mask
- The Body Shop, Vanilla pumpkin shower gel
- Lush, Pumpkin foam bar
- Tosowoong, Yellow pumpkin Cooling Gel
- Tony Moly, Pumpkin Mask
Also, You can find more helpful resources at Answerhop.