Table of Contents
How can you remove suntan?
- We’ve compiled the most straightforward remedy that will answer your “How to remove suntan” to keep you enjoying it every day, in all the brightness and beauty that you embrace!
- As much as you hate the sun by creating dark patches on your skin, a tan is a very summery thing to experience.
- Tan results from better melanin production, a pigment in the skin; after exposure to ultraviolet rays emitted by the sun, it becomes more prolific when you expose your skin.
- But don’t let the sun intimidate you into staying indoors this summer.
What are the Home Remedies to remove suntan?
Remedies that work best for removing suntan are:
1. Banana juice, milk, and lemon
- One teaspoon of milk
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 banana
- Crush the banana as finely as possible so as not to leave lumps.
- Add the milk and lemon juice to the mashed bananas and mix well.
- Apply the combination to the affected region and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Bananas, with their many vitamins and minerals, help hydrate and nourish the skin.
- It, while imparting a natural glow, also helps tone the skin.
- The restoration enhances natural skin tone by the presence of other effective ingredients like milk and honey.
2. Cabbage leaves
- Cabbage leaves
- Just place the cabbage leaves over the affected areas for 18-20 minutes.
- Thanks to their anti-inflammatory properties and their store of vitamins A, C, and K, cabbage leaves are a relatively effective skin lightening agent, even when it’s not so obvious.
3. Vicks Vaporub
- Apply Vicks Vaporub liberally all over the sunburned and tanned area.
- Let sit for a few hours.
- Vicks Vaporub may not be the solution you have been looking for when asking how to remove tan from your skin.
- But with its petroleum jelly content, which reduces inflammation of the skin, it is just as effective a remedy as any other for tanning.
4. Bitter gourd
- Extract the juice from the bitter gourd.
- Apply the extracted juice to the affected tanned areas.
- Massage for a few minutes and let sit.
- Rinse after 5-7 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can also make a paste from the bitter gourd and then apply it all over your face or body.
- Rich in antioxidants and a natural burn healer, bitter gourd juice helps reduce tanning effects.
5. Egg, honey, and lemon juice
- One egg white
- One teaspoon of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of honey
- Mix the egg white with a teaspoon of honey and lemon and beat to form a fine paste.
- Apply the paste evenly to the skin’s tanned area after cleansing it with a mild body or face cleanser.
- Let it sit for a while on your skin before washing it off.
6. Natural yoghurt
- Natural yoghurt
- Apply the yoghurt to the affected areas with light strokes.
- Leave on for about 10 minutes 15-20.
- Wash in a shower. Yoghurt, a powerful anti-tanning agent, relies on the properties of the enzymes it contains to lighten the complexion.
7. Ice cubes
- 1-2 ice cubes
- Roll on ice cubes on the sunburn for a few minutes.
- In cases where the tan deteriorates, you may also experience burning and itching.
- Ice cubes or even cold baths are a great way to reduce this discomfort.
8. Lemon juice and honey
- Fresh lemon juice
- Mix equivalent amounts of lemon juice and honey.
- Apply on tanned skin.
- Wash off after about half an hour.
- Lemon juice is known to be a right bleaching agent that helps remove tan naturally from the skin.